Wellness in Motion
Wellness in Motion
Wellness in Motion provides educational opportunities (workshops, lectures, classes, resources) to empower the community to make healthy choices regarding nutrition, exercise, mindfulness and stress relief. We offer a menu of programs for individuals and for departments for formal and informal programs. All of our programs include an educational component and an interactive activity.
Our Wellness staff can provide your group with a workshop on any related topic.
- Tackle your Stress with Stretch: Learn stretches that can help you relieve stress and discuss how stress affects your well-being.
- Express Fitness @ Work: Discover your work-life balance by assessing your fitness barriers and create strategies for adding fitness at work.
- Fuel Your Mind & Body: Understand what mindful exercise is and how to make your workout more effective.
- Be Active for a Healthy Life: Recognize how physical activity affects your outlook on life and begin your wellness plan.
- Meditation: Begin your meditation journey by discovering your breath and learn basic meditation techniques.
- Benefits of Massage: Discover the benefits of massage and how massage affects your overall well-being.
- Chair Yoga: Learn basic yoga postures that you can use at your desk to relieve pain, decrease stress and improve your mood.
- Deskercise: Bring physical activity into your workday by adding exercises that you can do at your desk/office to work more efficiently.
- Other: Have another idea for a topic? Suggestions are welcomed.
All wellness programs are customized to each individual group's needs. Have another idea for a topic? Suggestions are welcomed!
Through purposeful collaborations with campus wellness partners, we are excited to provide resources, information, and programming for a diverse student population with unique needs. If you have a special idea, program, or competition that you have in mind that you think we could help support, please feel free to contact us.
Fees are based on a presentation of up to 1 hour with 1 presenter. The presentation can be shorter, but there is a one-hour minimum fee.
- VCU Student Organization $30/hr
- VCU Department $40/hr
- Members $45/hr
- Community $50/hr
To request a Wellness in Motion, please fill out our Request form
Additional fees may be charged for extra presenters, off-campus locations or longer presentations. Please provide at least two weeks notice for all wellness programs.