Outdoor Adventure Program
Climbing and Bouldering
Spring 2021 roped climbing hours are
- Monday - Friday 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday CLOSED
- Sunday 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
The Cary Street Gym Climbing area features a 35-foot climbing wall with six top rope and one lead climbing routes. This area also features one freestanding and 18-foot bouldering section.
- There is no additional cost to members or guests to use the climbing area.
- The Climbing Wall is a chalk free area. However, liquid chalk is allowed.
- Climbers must sign up for a facility access reservation to enter the Cary Street Gym, but do not need to reserve a climbing time.
- all bouldering is drop-in any time the building is open, and roped climbing drop-in is available during posted hours.
- All climbers must wash and/or sanitize their hands before entering the climbing wall floor or picking up rental equipment.
- A maximum of 8 climbers may be on the climbing wall floor at any given time.
Program Modifications Climbing Wall
- Climbing harnesses & shoes are available for free rental
- Only OAP staff are permitted to belay climbers at the Wall, to limit the rope surface contact for climbers.
- Lead climbing is only available during climbing clinics, which must be registered for in advance.
- Patrons can register for climbing clinics online. Use the links in the clinic schedule below.
Clinics Spring 2021
If these clinics do not work with your schedule or if you have a specific clinic that you would like offered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a custom climbing clinic to meet your needs."
Click on the linked title to register. All schedules are subject to change.
|Clinic||Date||Day||Time||Skill Level||Fitness Level|
|Belay Clinic||5/5||Wednesday||6:00 - 7:00 p.m..||Beginner||Low|
|Belay Clinic||5/12||Wednesday||6:00 - 7:00 p.m..||Beginner||Low|
Belay Clinics will be held every Thursday, May 27 through August 19, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.