Fitness and Wellness
Ram Strength Powerlifting Meet
Saturday, August 4
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Cary Street Gym
VCU Rec Sports is hosting its first ever Ram Strong Powerlifting Meet! Compete against your peers for bragging rights as the strongest individual at VCU. Trophies will be given to the 1st and 2nd place in each category, as well as an additional special prize for 1st place.
Registration is open through July 29 on the MyRecSports Portal.
Registration Fee: $15
Categories: male, female, open (other)
- Weigh-in will be from 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. on August 4
- Lifting times:
- Back Squat - 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Bench Press - 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Deadlift - 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Award presentation: 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m (Group Exercise Studio)
- Belts and knee sleeves are the only equipment allowed (no knee or wrist wraps).
- Each individual will have two chances to obtain their highest one repetition maximum in the three primary lifts (back squat, bench press and deadlift).
- The winner for each category will be determined by the combined weight lifted for each lift divided by the lifter’s bodyweight.
Judging will be in accordance with USA Powerlifting. An informational session will be held at 5:30 p.m. on July 25 in the WET Classroom for judging information and general questions about the event. Follow @vcupersonaltraining on Instagram for updates and more information.
Free Week of Fitness Fall 2018
Try before you buy! Coming soon for Fall 2018! All classes are drop-in and located at the Cary Street Gym.