Fitness and Wellness
Group Exercise Classes
Rec Sports offers a variety of group exercise classes for all fitness levels which are FREE for all Rec Sports members! Classes are taught by certified student instructors and are held at Cary Street Gym, MCV Campus Recreation Center, and through virtual live streaming.
Due to COVID-19 we have made changes to our policies and guidelines. Please review the Updated Guidelines below so you can know what to expect when participating in Group Exercise. Our location capacity is 9 participants for all classes.
Register for a class
Registration opens 24 hours before the class starts. To register for a group exercise class, click on the link in the schedule below. Once you are logged in to MyRecSports you will be directed to the class registration page.
Need to cancel a class?
To cancel your registration for a group exercise class, log in to MyRecSports, select your Profile (upper right corner), select Programs (left column), and select the class you wish to cancel. The class must be canceled no later than five minutes before it is scheduled to begin.
Interested in booking a class for your group or organization? Learn more about our Private Group Exercise Classes.
Current Class Schedules
All schedules are subject to change.
In This Section
|Sunday||Restorative Yoga||10:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Sunday||LES MILLS BODYPUMP||11:00 a.m. -11:45 a.m.||Court 4|
|Sunday||Cycle||12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Court 4|
|Sunday||Zumba||5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Monday||Vinyasa Yoga||7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Monday||LES MILLS GRIT Athletic||8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Court 4|
|Monday||Power Yoga||12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Monday||Bodysculpt||4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Monday||Water Aerobics||5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Aquatic Center|
|Monday||Cycle & Circuits||5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Monday||Power Yoga||5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Monday||LES MILLS BODYCOMBAT||6:15 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Monday||Yin Yoga||7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Monday||Kpop Fitness||7:15 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Tuesday||Cycle||6:15 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.||Court 4|
|Tuesday||HIIT||8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.||Court 4|
|Tuesday||Bodysculpt||12:00 p.m. -12:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Tuesday||Zumba||5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Tuesday||Cardio Sport||5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.||MAC|
|Tuesday||Restorative Yoga||5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Tuesday||HIIT||6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Tuesday||Barre||6:45 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Tuesday||Cycle||7:15 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Wednesday||Pilates||7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Wednesday||LES MILLS BODYPUMP||7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.||Court 4|
|Wednesday||Cycle||12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Wednesday||LES MILLS BODYCOMBAT||5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Wednesday||Water Aerobics||5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Aquatic Center|
|Wednesday||Pilates||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Wednesday||LES MILLS GRIT Strength||6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Wednesday||Kpop Fitness||7:15 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Wednesday||Yin Yoga||7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Thursday||Cycle||6:15 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.||Court 4|
|Thursday||TRX||9:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Thursday||Core||12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Court 4|
|Thursday||Restorative Yoga||12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Thursday||Cycle||5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Thursday||Vinyasa Yoga||5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Thursday||HIIT||5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||MAC|
|Thursday||LES MILLS BODYPUMP||6:15 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Thursday||Power Yoga||6:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Thursday||Cardio Dance||7:15 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Thursday||Restorative Yoga||7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Friday||Cycle & Core||8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.||Court 4|
|Friday||Power Yoga||8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Friday||Cycle||12:00 p.m. -12:45 p.m.||Court 4|
|Friday||Cardio Dance||3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Court 4|
|Friday||HIIT||5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Court 4|
|Saturday||Vinyasa Yoga||9:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.||Group Ex Studio|
|Saturday||Cycle||10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.||Court 4|
|Saturday||Barre||11:15 a.m. - 12:00||Group Ex Studio|
|Saturday||HIIT||11:15 a.m. - 12:00||Court 4|
|Saturday||Cardio Dance||12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Court 4|
Rec Sports Live Streaming Group Exercise is offered over Zoom. Register online and the class Zoom link will be emailed in your confirmation receipt.
|Monday||Pilates||5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Vinyasa Yoga||7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.|
|Tuesday||Restorative Yoga||5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||HIIT||5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.|
|Thursday||Core||11:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.|
|Friday||Barre||5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.|
Due to COVID-19, we have made changes to our policies and guidelines. Please review these important points so you can know what to expect when participating in Group Exercise.
- Live in-person Group Exercise classes are offered at both Cary Street Gym and MCV Campus Rec Center.
- Group Exercise spaces have been taped in a grid fashion, giving each Group Exercise participant a 12’x12’ space for exercise.
- Participants will be responsible for cleaning their equipment before and after use.
- Participants can register for a Group Exercise class 24 hours prior to the start of the class.
- Registration for a class will close 30 minutes prior to the start of the class.
- Participants may enter the Cary Street Gym or MCV 15 minutes prior to the start of the class.
- Participants will not be granted access to Cary Street Gym or MCV once the class has started.
- CSG Court 4 - 28
- CSG Group Exercise Studio- 12
- CSG MAC - to be mapped out.
- MCV Campus Rec Court 2 - 24
- Participants must bring their own mat to any class they believe they may need one (Yoga, Pilates, Barre, HIIT, Bodyculpt, Core, Cycle & Core).
- Equipment with pores, cloth-like material, or possibly difficult to clean will not be available for use (resistance bands, resistance loops, blocks, straps, bolsters, TRX, exercise balls).
- File in towards the back of the room first. First in will then be last out.
- Clean their equipment before and after class.
- Bring their own water bottle as water fountains will not be available (except for the bottle refill station)
- Please review our Group Exercise Class Guidelines before attending a class.
Recreational Sports Guidelines regarding unsanctioned training and teaching in facilities:
Organized activities that are conducted during informal recreation hours, which are not sponsored by Recreational Sports, will not be permitted in any of the facilities without special permissions.
- Only Recreational Sports Personal Fitness Trainers are allowed to train patrons in facilities
- Only Recreational Sports Fitness Instructors or persons authorized by Recreational Sports professional staff may lead activities or teach classes.
All courses are subject to change.
ACE Group Exercise Instructor Prep Course
The ACE Group Exercise Instructor Prep Course will be offered on February 3, 2021 at 4:30 via Zoom.
This course is designed to prepare students to lead group classes at VCU Rec Sports. Learn the fundamentals of anatomy, exercise science, and group exercise instruction. Gain experience in public speaking, group leadership, and professional conduct. This class will be offered virtually in addition to the hands-on class component. Upon completion of the course, participants may interview for employment with VCU Recreational Sports. In order to apply for the ACE Group Exercise Prep Course, students must attend the interest meeting, to review the course outline and expectations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom link. Students may ask for a recording of the meeting if they cannot attend.