First Aid/CPR/AED Certifications
About the Class
The Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED blended course incorporates the latest science, teaching students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies such as burns, cuts, scrapes, sudden illnesses, head, neck, back injuries, heat and cold emergencies. The blended course features award-winning simulation learning – an interactive experience where you will respond to real-world emergencies in a virtual setting – which will prepare you for the instructor-led classroom skill session.
You will learn how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies to help victims of any age - adults (about 12 years and older) and pediatric (infants and children up to 12 years of age).
Things to Know…
- This course is offered in the blended learning format. You must complete an on-line training prior to attending the class. You will not be able to participate in the course if you do not complete the required training.
- No refunds or class schedules will be given due to failure to complete the pre-course work, for any reason.
- Course registration closes 8 days before the course in order to ensure adequate time to complete the on-line training.
- You must have a valid email address on file in order to receive the on-line pre-course work and your certification. Before registering, please verify the email address on your account is the email address that you would like the on-line training to be sent to.
- Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED valid for two years.
- This course does not include Basic Life Support (BLS) Training.
Classes are held at Cary Street Gym in the Wet Classroom (lower lever by the Aquatic Center).
2019 ARC FA/CPR/AED Class Schedule
|Wednesday||October 9||5:00 - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||October 26||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||October 30||5:00 - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||November 9||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||November 13||5:00 - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||December 7||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
Individuals needing Lifeguard certification or to recertify Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED or First Aid for Lifeguards click here.
For more information, contact Jenna Dillon at (804) 827-9999 or email@example.com.