First Aid/CPR/AED Certifications
About the Class
The Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED blended course incorporates the latest science, teaching students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid emergencies such as burns, cuts, scrapes, sudden illnesses, head, neck, back injuries, heat and cold emergencies. The blended course features award-winning simulation learning – an interactive experience where you will respond to real-world emergencies in a virtual setting – which will prepare you for the instructor-led classroom skill session.
You will learn how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies to help victims of any age - adults (about 12 years and older) and pediatric (infants and children up to 12 years of age).
Things to Know…
- This course is offered in the blended learning format. You must complete an on-line training prior to attending the class. You will not be able to participate in the course if you do not complete the required training.
- No refunds or class schedules will be given due to failure to complete the pre-course work, for any reason.
- Course registration closes 8 days before the course in order to ensure adequate time to complete the on-line training.
- You must have a valid email address on file in order to receive the on-line pre-course work and your certification. Before registering, please verify the email address on your account is the email address that you would like the on-line training to be sent to.
- Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED valid for two years.
- This course does not include Basic Life Support (BLS) Training.
- The link to the online portion of the class will be sent via email after course registration has closed.
Classes are held at Cary Street Gym in the Wet Classroom (lower lever by the Aquatic Center).
2020 ARC FA/CPR/AED Class Schedule - TBA
Individuals needing Lifeguard certification or to recertify Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED or First Aid for Lifeguards click here.
For more information, contact Jenna Dillon at (804) 827-9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.