American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
This class will teach you the skills and knowledge necessary to prevent aquatic emergencies, increase your critical thinking and decision making skills. At the completion of the course, participants will receive American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid/Oxygen certifications, valid for two years.
Register August 1 - September 20 at noon.
Dates: September 21- 30
- Friday 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Student: $100
- Member: $175
- Non-Member: $225
Location: Cary Street Gym Aquatic Center
American Red Cross Lifeguard Re-Certification
American Red Cross Lifeguard Re-Certification class is only open to those with current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED certifications. This class will re-certify participants in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED, First Aid and Oxygen for two years.
Register August 1 - November 1 at noon.
Dates: November 2-4
- Fri 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Sat 12:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Sun 12:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Student: $50
- Member: $75
- Non-Member: $125
For more information on the following courses, contact Amanda Simmons at (804) 827-0321 or email@example.com.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Training
Do you enjoy lifeguarding and want to learn how to teach others to become lifeguards?
Learn how to teach lifeguard training classes, including CPR/AED/First Aid instruction.
This class will develop your understanding of lifeguarding techniques and principles, help you conduct an engaging course, and teach you how to monitor participants' practice and give positive, corrective feedback.
- successfully complete the online session for the instructor before training
- bring your completion certificate to instructor trainer on
- successfully complete the American Red Cross prerequisites for Lifeguard Training on
- swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
- tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- successfully complete rescue skill scenarios based on lifeguarding, first aid and CPR & AED on
- desire to teach
- positive attitude
- purchase American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor's Manual and Lifeguard Training Participant's manual before training on
To successfully complete the course and receive American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certification you must complete the above prerequisites, attend the entire course, participate in class, complete lesson plans, complete 4 practice teaches, and successfully complete the written test.