Private and Semi-private Swim Lessons
Private and Semi-private lessons are designed to meet your individual swimming needs, whatever your current skill level. Our American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors will tailor your classes to meet your swimming and fitness goals. Instructors are assigned according to your schedule, instructor availability, and your specific needs. Semi-private lesson participants both must be present in order for the lesson to be conducted. Please read the important information and policies at the bottom of this page.
Click on the links below to register for the package you would like to sign up for. Registration is also available at the Cary Street Gym, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. or Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Summer 2021 Registration
|2 Hours Private||$50||$75|
|4 Hours Private||$100||$125|
|6 Hours Private||$150||$175|
|2 Hours Semi-Private||$25/pp||$50/pp|
|4 Hours Semi-Private||$50/pp||$75/pp|
|6 Hours Semi-Private||$75/pp||$100/pp|
In This Section
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
- Private & Semi-private lessons are available for all ages 3 and up.
- All private lessons will be held in conjunction with informal recreation. Pool space is not reserved solely for private swim lessons.
- Private swim lesson time blocks can be used in 15, 30, 45, or 60-minute increments.
- We do not offer participant matching for semi-private swim lessons.
- Participants who do not have a partner should register for private swim lessons.
- When registering for lessons, please be sure to fill out all prompts in order to ensure faster instructor pairing.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for instructor matching.
- We will contact you within 7 business days to confirm your registration. For ongoing patrons, please pay for your session at least 72 hours in advance of your next lesson.
- All lessons must be completed within one calendar year of purchase.
- 24-hour notification is required to cancel a private swim lesson session without losing your payment for the scheduled session. Please contact your swim lesson instructor to cancel your appointment.
- Due to Children's Swim Lessons, private swim lessons cannot be held on Saturday mornings from 9:30 am-12 pm.
- Parents must remain in the vicinity of the pool deck during swim lessons. Parents may not work out, use the fitness center or other amenities while their children are in swim lessons.
- We do not offer refunds after the first day of your session.
- Semi-private swim lessons are available for individuals of similar age and skill level.
The following policies and guidelines have been put in place in response to COVID-19.
- Only current members are eligible to participate in private/semi-private swim lessons. An active youth dependent membership is required for minor participants.
- Only students and faculty staff members are eligible to purchase new memberships for themselves and their dependents
- Only one parent/guardian should bring the child to swim lessons. No additional spectators (including minors) are allowed
- If you wish to swim before or after your lesson, you must register for a workout registration timeslot. Each participant must be registered in order to participate. Please note, family swim hours are Saturday/Sunday in the pool only.
- Participants do not need to register for a workout reservation in order to enter the facility. When you arrive, please inform the front desk that you are here for a lesson and give them your instructor's name.
- Semi-Private swim lessons are for members of the same household only
- Instructors are not required to wear a mask while teaching but may opt to do so.
- Physical contact between the instructor and the participant may be required to teach certain skills. Instructors are exempt from abiding by the 10 feet of social distancing rule.
- Parents can choose to enter the water with their child during the lesson. If they do not participate in lessons, they should remain on the benches on the pool deck.