Virtual Fitness and Wellness
Rec Sports is excited to offer a variety of ways for you to engage in virtual fitness and wellness experiences to help you get active and stay healthy.
In This Section
We are currently offering two categories of LIVE offerings - Group Exercise and Guided Meditation.
Join one of our Group Exercise Instructors for a virtual class in the comfort of your own home, office, or residence hall! Each week we're offering:
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Restorative Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
Rec Sports is proud to partner with The Health Promotion and Well-being Center's (The Well) Resilience Lab to offer weekly virtual, group guided meditation sessions. Each week we'll offer two 30-minute opportunities for guided practice which could include mindfulness techniques like body scans, loving-kindness meditations, progressive muscle relaxations, and guided imagery. All sessions and techniques are suitable for all levels of practice.
- Tuesdays at 12:00 PM
- Wednesdays at 2:30 PM
All LIVE (Group Exercise and Guided Meditation) program instances are available for registration on MyRecSports. Registration will remain open until the LIVE offering begins. We use Zoom as our platform for delivery. Each program instance is assigned a Zoom link. Zoom links are embedded in registration confirmations (emailed upon successful registration).
To register for classes
- Select the "MyRecSports" icon in the top right corner of this page.
- Select the "Log In" option and sign in with the requested credentials
- Once signed in, use the search bar at the top of the screen to find Virtual Fitness & Wellness offerings (use the word “live” to search).
- Select the LIVE - Group Exercise or LIVE - Guided Meditation.
- Select the Program Offering that you’re interested in participating in.
- Complete the required fields.
- Select “checkout” to complete your registration.
FLEX by FITNESS ON DEMAND™
Rec Sports is excited to offer FLEX by Fitness on Demand™ access to our members! FLEX gives us the opportunity to extend our virtual fitness programming off-site, which in turn, offers you another way to get fit and stay active! FLEX features hundreds of fitness videos, available to stream anywhere, anytime from your phone or computer.
Available workouts include yoga, cycling, kickboxing, HIIT, dance, and much, much more! FLEX is an on-the-go experience that is comprehensive and convenient. We hope you take advantage of this member benefit to find the workout that fits your experience and goals!
To get started, complete the FLEX Interest Form. We will either confirm your access or add you to the waiting list.
This year has been one unlike any other, and for many of us, that has led to unexpected challenges.
That’s why we’re offering a 4-week mindfulness training course for students to learn ways to build resilience using Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) techniques. These 2-hour, interactive virtual classes will provide resources on topics such as mindfulness in the face of stress and uncertainty, how we can tune in to our thoughts and emotions through mindful practice, and how to live compassionately.
Priority scheduling is for VCU students. Students are encouraged to sign up before Monday, October 5. After that registration will open up to VCU Faculty and Staff as well as Rec Sports Members.
Did you miss one of our LIVE offerings? No sweat, we've got you covered! You can view previously recorded material by visiting our Virtual Fitness & Wellness playlist on YouTube (click on “Virtual Fitness & Wellness”). We have over 50 videos in our library in a variety of formats, including Core, HIIT, Mat Pilates, Tabata Cardio, Yoga, and Guided Meditation.
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to be notified when a new class recording is available!
To see more fitness and wellness information, follow us on these social media accounts:
- For security purposes, we ask that you not use your VCU email address or eID password when creating an account on websites external to VCU.
- All information posted is merely for educational and informational purposes. The links provided are not affiliated with VCU or VCU Recreational Sports.
- If you require accommodations to access this content, please email Jessica Norman.