Top 5 Things to Know about Rec Sports
By Jacynth Serrano Rodriguez on Aug. 15, 2019
When visiting Cary Street Gym, MCV Campus Recreation Center and using all Rec Sports facilities, there are five major keys to remember to ensure that all members have the best experience.
1. Respect the Dress Code
Compliance with the VCU Rec Sports Dress Code policy helps prevent the spread of any viruses and infections and keeps our fitness equipment protected.
- Shirts are required, no bare chests or sports bras.
- Shorts must completely cover the buttocks.
- Close toed shoes must be worn at all times and cover the entire foot.
2. You Don’t Need to Bring a Lock
- All Rec Sports lockers are equipped with digital locks, which means you don’t have to lug around a combination lock!
- Pro-Tip: Take a picture of your locker number pre-workout to remember where your personal items are securely stored.
3. Ask Before You Snap!
- You are allowed to take a photo/video of your personal workout, locker number, and your friends who have given you permission to take a photo. Please respect the privacy of your fellow students and members who are working out around you.
- If you wish to take photos in our facilities for a class or student organization related project, please fill out our Media Request Form.
4. Bring a Friend!
- Members are able to sponsor one guest per facility visit for $10/day.
- If you’d like to sponsor more than one guest you can fill out the Multiple Guest Request Form.
5. Good Gym Etiquette!
- Always remember to re-rack your weights.
- Be sure to wipe down equipment after each use.
- Be aware of others. Remember to be kind and share the space.