American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) Course
March 18 - April 1
You must be available for all class times*
Register by March 10.
Do you enjoy lifeguarding and want to learn how to teach others to become lifeguards?
Join us to learn how to teach Lifeguard Training:
- develop your understanding of lifeguarding techniques and principles
- effectively use materials and equipment to conduct an engaging course
- learn how to monitor participants' practice and give positive, corrective feedback
- successfully complete the online session for the instructor before training
- bring your completion certificate to instructor trainer on
- successfully complete the American Red Cross prerequisites for Lifeguard Training on
- swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
- tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- successfully complete rescue skill scenarios based on lifeguarding, first aid and CPR & AED on
- desire to teach
- positive attitude
- purchase American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor's Manual and Lifeguard Training Participant's manual before training on
To successfully complete the course and receive American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certification you must complete the above prerequisites, attend the entire course, participate in class, complete lesson plans, complete 4 practice teaches, and successfully complete the written test.
*2017 Course (Must be available ALL dates and times listed below):